By the time you wake up, your body is dehydrated. Over an eight hour stretch of slumber, you are not drinking any water. You are, however, breathing. The simple act of breathing expels moisture and takes in dry air. If you drink alcohol or any diuretic before bedtime you will dehydrate even faster while you sleep. All this dehydration affects motor and cognitive function. If you’ve ever had a little trouble moving or your mind is in a fog when you wake up, it’s probably a result of dehydration. The best thing you can do for your mind and body is to drink a big glass of water the moment you get up. It’s just the thing your body needs to prepare for the day ahead. In this article, learn how a tall glass of H-2-O will set you up for success and why your brightest days start with water.
Drinking a glass of water in the morning will lift the fog from your brain. This is because water stimulates the production of red blood cells and generates more oxygen in your blood. The more oxygen in your blood, the more alert you will be. According to a study reported in Self Magazine, “Drinking H2O may have another surprising benefit, improved memory and reaction time.” On top of that, brain activity increases with the level of hydration, so you drinking water in the morning makes it easier to speak clearly and complete sentences. This helps you start your day on the right foot and your morning smoother.
Keeping Sickness at Bay
You may share your commute with others heading off to work or school. Public transportation and carpools can be cesspools of viruses. Once you get to work, things don’t generally get better. We’ve all worked with people who come to work sick. They bravely soldier through the day sneezing and coughing all over everything while insisting they are too busy to stay home. That glass of water you drank when you got up will actually help to balance your immune system and provide it fuel needed to fight off sickness throughout the day.
Healthy Weight Loss
Along with being more alert, a more effective communicator, and staying healthy, drinking a glass of water in the morning helps to jump-start your metabolism. That means you will burn more calories during the rest of your day. According to Medical News Today, it also helps to flush toxins from your body. The combination of faster metabolism and detoxification helps to reinforce healthy weight loss. Water helps you put your best foot forward. It also helps to put your best face forward as well. Drinking water in the morning hydrates the skin. As a result, it reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It promotes healthy skin glow and is another reason why your brightest days start with water.
Drinking water throughout the day provides additional benefits. Here are just a few.
- Regulates your body temperature. Staying hydrated is important to maintaining body temperature. Your body loses water through sweating during exercise and in hot environments. As a result, you need the water to replenish the lost fluid from sweat.
- Aids in digestion. Drinking water before, during, and after a meal will help your body break down the food you eat more easily. Water is the lubricant that keeps your digestion going. Therefore, as the water moves through your stomach and intestines, digestive organs are better hydrated and able to eliminate waste.
- Dissolves vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from your food. This makes it possible to deliver these nutrients to the rest of your body.
- It protects your tissues and bones. Water keeps the cartilage around our joints hydrated, ensuring that our joints stay lubricated and cushions the joints and spinal cords. This minimizes the discomfort caused by conditions like arthritis and makes physical activity easier and more enjoyable. Long term dehydration can lessen the joints shock absorbing ability and result in joint pain.
- Improves kidney health and functionality. Water keeps our kidneys working. Kidneys filter out waste through urination. Adequate water intake helps your kidneys work more efficiently and may help prevent the initial formation of kidney stones.
Your Morning Routine Gets Better
Start tomorrow with a large glass of water. Everything you do after that will reap the benefits. Whether it’s catching an early morning workout, checking in with social media, or getting an early start on a work project, you will be more focused and perform better. That’s why your brightest days start with water. To learn more about water and the other six keys to optimal health, check out our site, naturallyyoufl.com. While there, you can chat with me live on this topic, see my full line of CBD products, and learn ways to live a natural, healthy life. I look forward to chatting with you soon.