Regular exercise can promote longevity and help you stay mentally sharp. The health benefits of moving your body on a regular basis include:
- Helps to control body weight
- Reduces risk of heart disease and heart attacks
- Helps manage blood sugar and insulin levels
- Reduces the risk to Type 2 Diabetes
- Improves mental health
- Regulates mood swings
- Helps deal with stress
- Reduces the risk of depression
- Strengthens bones and muscles
- Improves the quality of sleep
- Helps people fall asleep faster, and stay asleep longer
Exercise Resource Guide
This is the essential workout guide for anyone who wants a better body. As the most comprehensive collection of exercises ever written specifically for women, this book is a body-shaping power tool for both beginners and longtime fitness buffs alike.
Michael W. Otto, PhD, Jasper Smits, PhD
Exercise has long been touted anecdotally as an effective tool for mood improvement. But only recently has rigorous science caught up with these claims. There is now overwhelming evidence that regular exercise can help relieve low mood swings. From feelings of stress and anxiety to full depressive episodes, this book covers it all.